Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Los Angeles ...

Los Angeles & San Diego
Spring 2006

Los Angeles was the first domestic flight I took in US. Even before we got off the flight, LA amused me. For the simple reason, our flight had to queue up behind a series of flights all wanting to land at the LA Airport. Air Traffic ... for the first time I experienced it.

Our very first day of the trip was Universal Studios. The whole day was spent in this one single place. Rides and rides and more rides. All inspired by movies ... Back to the Future, Shrek, Jurassic Park ... My favorite ride was the Mummy. The whole ride was in darkness with mummies and scary things popping out of everywhere. It is so easy to just 'boo' me and I ll get scared. This ride had made my heart beat real fast. Although nobody was keen in the beginning. In my pretext, everybody thoroughly enjoyed the day.

The second day we drove from LA to San Diego. On the way, stopping at 2 or 3 beaches. Strolled on the sands, played volleyball at the beach, witnessed dancers dancing around the fire for some African music and finally at the end of the day, we hit the dance floor at some random club in San Diego. The beaches unlike near Seattle's pebble beaches had long sand shores. The waters were not very cold too. The day ended with a friend of mine from Seattle driving the rest of us back to LA. He was the only one who was awake.

The third day, we drove around in the car all day long. Again, one guy drove ... the rest were just sitting inside and doing nothing. Drove through the Mulholland drive. It was supposed to be a really scenic drive. Ah well! did we care? That day I had received a call from a good friend of mine from Singapore. She had come to San Diego for 3 days and was returning to Singapore the very day I spoke to her. I cursed her for not calling me earlier. I was in San Diego and didnt meet her. What a disappointment!!