Sunday, January 14, 2007

Skiing ...

Skiing ... is it a guy's sport? I am inclining to thinking so. The amount of stamina that this sport requires is tremendous. Stamina, that is very difficult to find in an everyday Indian woman.

I am just a beginner in skiing. I have attempted this sport three times so far. I started a beginner and I still am. I simply cannot proceed. And still without even doing any 'real' skiing ... each time I go, I experience a terrible loss of energy. It takes me at least 2 days to recover. 2 days where my work and personal life is affected. My enthusiasm is low. My sleeping time increases. My appetite is lost. My visits to pro-club are solely for the jacuzzi and never for exercise. And all this time, ALL this time ... just to recover from a day of useless skiing. Makes me wonder if it is really worth it.

No I dont feel like giving up on skiing. Just that ... I am not quite fit for it right now. But I have the hope of being fit some day ...
Maybe some day ... I would have gained the stamina to 'cut through the snow' ...
Maybe some day ... I would have learnt the tricks to stay upright and not fall ...
Maybe some day ... I will ski the entire beginner's slope ...
Some day ... Some day!

The hope never dies!