Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

After a long time, I read Harry Potter. After 4 books, I had had enough of Harry Potter, so I stopped reading them. With the new book and the movie releasing, I decided it was time to catch up.

This biggest plus of this book is my break. The fact that I was reading Harry Potter after a long time made me read it. I liked sensing the magic all over again. The book was not as thrilling as the fourth nor as innovative as the third. I kept waiting for more thrills and more suspenses.

The whole story hung off ... a Prophecy. And frankly even after reading the whole book, I didnt get the whole point of the Prophecy. Why did Voldemort want it on the first place? What information would he have got, that he didnt already know? What additional information did we get ... except for Neville Longbottom's story?

Somehow ... to me, the part of the Prophecy resembled Lord Krishna's history. Kamsa is told the eighth child will kill him and here Voldemort is also told about his killer. In both cases, the child escapes.

The biggest drawback of this book was that my imagination was so restricted. Every time I thought of Harry Potter, it was Daniel Radcliffe that came to my mind. The worst part was the story of Hagrid ... the whole time I could only imagine Robbie Coltrane. That totally ruined my imagination. I could not picture any other giant other than him. What a pity!

Overall ... if you have read 4 Harry Potter books ... there is no reason for not reading this one ... Go for it!