Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Vettaiyadu Vizhaiyadu

For a long time, I stayed away from this movie. I was told that this was a gory movie, some scenes were disgusting. I hate disgusting scenes and I stayed away. Finally ... one day, there was no other tamil movie worth watching on the shelf. So I picked this one up. The movie rotted in my apartment for a few days until I finally decided I must somehow get through this one.

That was the standard I had set for this movie, the expectation from me. Irrespective of all that, I actually liked the movie. I enjoyed seeing it. I thought the movie was very stylishly shot and it had a very fast moving first half. The suspense and the clueless murders kept me gripped to it.

After the suspense was revealed over interval, the movie started losing the momentum. Thats the biggest problem with Tamil movies. They just wont sacrifice on the length of the movie irrespective of how boring the movie could become. That said, if I paid 10$ for a movie that ends in an hour. The Indian mind in me will crib that it was a big waste of my money :).

Many scenes in the movie reminded me of Kaaka Kaaka. You can easily guess both the movies were made by the same guy.

Verdict: For a one time see, its good!