Monday, April 23, 2007

My identity ...

[A post recovered from my old blog ... ]
I happen to find a friend of mine after a long time on orkut. This was our chat script …

She: Hey there! Its great to find you here.
Me: Same here! How are you doing?
She: Fine! So, do you orkut often?
Me: Hmm … not really. I am more of a MSN person.
She: I see! Do you use Yahoo?
Me: Not unless someone insists. Do you use Skype?
She: How about Friendster?
Me: No … I visit orkut more frequently than Friendster.
She: I see, ok! What is your email id?
Me: You know what … This is my gmail id: … , my yahoo id: … , my hotmail one: … , skype, orkut, friendster, hi5. You can have your pick! Just inform me which you choose.

I do have more email ids than that. I am sure I’ll be out of space if I had to list everything! Every one of those ids is me, and yet not me! My friend was also insisting I should fill in my profile details correctly, so everyone is "up-to-date" about me. Which means when my real identity changes, I have to change all these virtual identities of mine without fail.

Looks like I have reduced to just a few words on the internet :(.